Purpose 9 Our Goal is to ake God smile.
What makes God Smile?
During Noah's time only he can made God sMILE. Because the entire worlld had become morally bunkrupt.
There are five acts of worship that make God Smile
- God Smiles when we Love him supremely. What God wants most from us is a relationship."I don't want your sacrifices-I want your love; I don't want your offering- I want you to know me" Hosea 6:6
- God Smiles when we Trust Him Completely. Noah pleased God by trusting God. "By Faith, Noah built a ship in the middle of dry land. He was warned about something he couldn't see, and acted on what he was told...As a result, Noah became intimate with God." Heb 11:7
- God Smiles when we Obey Him Wholeheartedly. Noah built a boat and saving all the animals according to God prescribed it. He obeyed God completely and he obeyed exactly. That is whole heartedness. Doing God will without hesitation. Most of the time we offer God Partial obedience. Wholehearted obedience is done Joyfully, with enthusiasm.
- God Smiles when we Praise and Thank Him continually. After surviving the flood, Noah first act was to express thanks to God by offering sacrifice. Because of Jesus sacrifice, we don't have to offer animal sacrifice. Instead we offer god sacrifice of praise (Heb 13:15) and sacrifice of thanks giving Ps116:17
- God Smiles when we use our Abilities. Every human activity, except sin, can be done for God pleasure if you do it with an attitude of praise. We don't bring glory or pleasure to God by hidding our abilities or trying to be someone else. Anything we reject any part of yourself, we are rejecting God's wisdom and sovereignty. Every act of enjoyment becomes an act of worship when we thank God for it.
Since God knows what is best, in what areas of life do we need to trust him most?
"The Lord is pleased with those who worship him and trust his love" Psalm 147:11
Photo by by ~Tahnja