This is a repost from a mom's choice. Safety tips for our children during this Halloween.
Here are some suggestions on how to keep your kids safe during Halloween.
* Don't let your children go trick or treating alone.
* Walk up to the door with your kids.
* Carry a flashlight with you.
* Wear reflective clothing
* Try to wear make up instead of a mask, they obstruct the child's view.
* Don't wear a mask while you’re walking down the street with your child.
* Be aware of your surroundings, its easy to get distracted.
* Check your child's candy before they eat any of it.
* Check with the local hospital to see if they offer to x-ray your child's candy.
* Check where the sex offenders live in the area where your child is trick r treating and stay away from those homes. Individual states have a registry too, look for sex offender registry in your state.
* Go to a mall to trick r treating instead of going door to door.
* Participate in an alternative to Halloween such as a church function or friend's party
* Only go up to door where a porch light is on.
* Don't let your kids answer the door when your not home.
* Walk towards the traffic if you have to walk on the street.
* Make sure you know where your child is and what they are doing at all times.
* Be aware of the route your child is taking, if you’re not going with them.
* Remind your kids not to get into the cars of people they don't know.
* Make sure the mask on the costume doesn't obstruct your child's line of vision.
* Be careful who you answer the door to during the trick r treating.