The Super Natural Word of God
BY: Leck Egar
Hebrews 4:12 For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
What are the Five Fold Ways of responding the Word of God?
1. Hearing : Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing (logos) and hearing (rhema) the words of God (KJV
2. Reading: Deuteronomy 17:19 And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life; that he may learn the fear of the Lord his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statues, to do them. Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave them the sense, and caused them to understand the reading
3. Writing: Deuteronomy 10:2 and I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou broken . and thou shall put them in the ark. God commanded John the Beloved to write what heard and sees, Rev. 1:11, 19; 2:1, 8, 12,18 etc. WHY? John 10:10 the thief cometh not, but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy ; I am come that they might have life , and they might have it more abundantly. Luke 8:11&12 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the wayside are they that hear : then cometh the devil; and take away the word out of their hearts; lest they should believe and be saved.
4. Meditating: Joshua 1:8 do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth; meditate it day and night, so that you may do what is written on it; then you will become prosperous and successful.
5. Applying: James 1:22 -25 22 but be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer , he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he behold himself, and get his way, and straight way forget what manner of man he was. 25 But who so looked into the perfect law of liberty , and continued therein , he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.