Father's Day Quotes To Share

Father's Day Quotes To Share


Inspirational Quotes

1. A wise son maketh a glad father: but a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother.
Quote by: Proverbs (ch. X, v. 1)

2. Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Quote by: Proverbs (ch. XXII, v. 6)

3. Fathers do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
Quote by: Ephesians 6:4

4. And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Quote by: Ephesians 6:4



5. "Train up a child in the way which he should go
and when he is old he will not depart from it"
Quote by: Proverbs 22:6

6. If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in Heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Quote by: Matthew 7:11

7. Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.
Quote by: Psalms ch. CXXVIII, v. 3)

8. A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.
Quote by: Billy Graham, Christian Evangelist

9. "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
Quote by: -- Theodore Hesburgh, Catholic Priest and President Emeritus of the University of Notre Dame


General Father’s Quotes

1. "My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."
Quote by: -- Clarence Budington Kelland, U.S. Writer

2. "How true Daddy's words were when he said: 'All children must look after their own upbringing.' Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands."
Quote by: -- Anne Frank, German Jew and Holocaust Victim

3. "It is much easier to become a father than to be one."
Quote by: -- Kent Nerburn, U.S. Author and Educator

4. "My dad has always taught me these words: care and share."
Quote by: -- Tiger Woods, U.S. Professional Golfer

5. "Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!"
Quote by: -- Lydia M. Child, U.S. Author

6. "We are given children to test us and make us more spiritual."
Quote by: -- George Will, U.S. Journalist

7. "It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father."
Quote by: -- Pope John XXIII


8. Any fool can be a Father, but it takes a real man to be a Daddy!!
Quote by: Philip Whitmore Snr

9. "The most important thing a father can do
for his children is to love their mother."
Quote by: Unknown

10. Fathers are angels sent from heaven.
Quote by: Unknown

11. Fathers, be good to your daughters. You are the god and the weight of her world.
Quote by: John Mayor

12. "Father I will always be
that same boy who stood by the sea
and watched you tower over me
now I'm older I wanna be the same as you"
Quote by: Yellowcard

13. A father is someone that
holds your hand at the fair
makes sure you do what your mother says
holds back your hair when you are sick
brushes that hair when it is tangled because mother is too busy
lets you eat ice cream for breakfast
but only when mother is away
he walks you down the aisle
and tells you everythings gonna be ok
Quote by: Unknown

14. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
Quote by: Jim Valvano

15. I've had a hard life, but my hardships are nothing against the hardships that my father went through in order to get me to where I started.
Quote by: Bartrand Hubbard

16. He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.
Quote by: Clarence Budington Kelland

17. My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say,
"You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising
boys."
Quote by: Harmon Killebrew

18. One father is more than a hundred Schoolmasters.
Quote by: George Herbert, Outlandish Proverbs, 1640

19. Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.
Quote by: Bill Cosby

20. Henry James once defined life as that predicament which precedes death, and certainly nobody owes you a debt of honor or gratitude for getting him into that predicament. But a child does owe his father a debt, if Dad, having gotten him into this peck of trouble, takes off his coat and buckles down to the job of showing his son how best to crash through it.
Quote by: Clarence Budington Kelland

21. A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.
Quote by: Enid Bagnold

22. It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.
Quote by: Johann Schiller

23. A father carries pictures where his money used to be.
Quote by: Unknown

24. Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!
Quote by: Lydia M. Child, Philothea: A Romance, 1836

25. When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.
Quote by: Mark Twain, "Old Times on the Mississippi" Atlantic Monthly, 1874

26. Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.
Quote by: Gloria Naylor

27. It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't.
Quote by: Barbara Kingsolver, Animal Dreams

28. It would seem that something which means poverty, disorder and violence every single day
should be avoided entirely, but the desire to beget children is a natural urge.
Quote by: Phyllis Diller

29. Are we not like two volumes of one book?
Quote by: Marceline Desbordes-Valmore

30. Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.
Quote by: Red Buttons

31. I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich.
Quote by: M*A*S*H, Colonel Potter

32. Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.
Quote by: Dinah Craik

33. Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat. Then fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound. Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together. Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again.
Quote by: Jimmy Piersal, on how to diaper a baby, 1968

34. He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.
Quote by: Clarence Budington Kelland

35. A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.
Quote by: Gabriel Garcia Marquez

36. As fathers commonly go, it is seldom a misfortune to be fatherless; and considering the general run of sons, as seldom a misfortune to be childless.
Quote by: Lord Chesterfield

37. Don't make a baby if you can't be a father.
Quote by: National Urban League Slogan

38. Sons have always a rebellious wish to be disillusioned by that which charmed their fathers.
Quote by: Aldous Huxley

39. A man's desire for a son is usually nothing but the wish to duplicate himself in order that such a remarkable pattern may not be lost to the world.
Quote by: Helen Rowland

40. The worst misfortune that can happen to an ordinary man is to have an extraordinary father.
Quote by: Austin O'Malley

41. The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them.
Quote by: Confucius

42. He who is taught to live upon little owes more to his father's wisdom than he who has a great deal left him does to his father's care.
Quote by: William Penn

43. By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
Quote by: Charles Wadworth

44. Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys.
Quote by: Unknown

45. Sherman made the terrible discovery that men make about their fathers sooner or later...
Quote by: Tom Wolfe, The Bonfire of the Vanities

46. When Charles first saw our child Mary, he said all the proper things for a new father. He looked upon the poor little red thing and blurted, "She's more beautiful than the Brooklyn Bridge."
Quote by: Helen Hayes

47. It is a wise father that knows his own child.
Quote by: William Shakespeare

48. The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them.
Quote by: Confucius

49. Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers and fathering is a very important stage in their development.
Quote by: David Gottesman

50. I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.
Quote by: Sigmund Freud

51. When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
Quote by: Jewish Proverb

52. I have never been a material girl. My father always told me never to love anything that cannot love you back.
Quote by: Imelda Marcos

53. You fathers will understand. You have a little girl. She looks up to you. You're her oracle. You're her hero. And then the day comes when she gets her first permanent wave and goes to her first real party, and from that day on, you're in a constant state of panic.
Quote by: Stanley T. Banks in the movie 'Father of the Bride'

54. There must always be a struggle between a father and son, while one aims at power and the other at independence.
Quote by: Samuel Johnson

55. My son, a perfect little boy of five years and three months, had ended his earthly life. You can never sympathize with me; you can never know how much of me such a young child can take away. A few weeks ago I accounted myself a very rich man, and now the poorest of all.
Quote by: Ralph Waldo Emerson, on the death of his son

56. A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.
Quote by: Knights of Pythagoras


57. "When a child is born, a father is born. A mother is born, too of course, but at least for her it's a gradual process. Body and soul, she has nine months to get used to what's happening. She becomes what's happening. But for even the best-prepared father, it happens all at once. On the other side of a plate-glass window, a nurse is holding up something roughly the size of a loaf of bread for him to see for the first time.
Quote by: Frederick Buechner, 'Whistling in the Dark'

58. I watched a small man with thick calluses on both hands work fifteen and sixteen hours a day. I saw him once literally bleed from the bottoms of his feet, a man who came here uneducated, alone, unable to speak the language, who taught me all I needed to know about faith and hard work by the simple eloquence of his example.
Quote by: Mario Cuomo

59. My father was a statesman, I'm a political woman.
My father was a saint. I'm not.
Quote by: Indira Gandhi

60. My father was frightened of his mother. I was frightened of my father and I am damned well going to see to it that my children are frightened of me.
Quote by: King George V

61. 4 years: My Daddy can do anything!
7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.
8 years: My father does not know quite everything.
12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.
14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date!
25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.
30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.
35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.
50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?
60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!
ears: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.
Quote by: Unknown

62. My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life.
Quote by: Lee Iacocca

63. It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
Quote by: Pope John XXIII

64. My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."
Quote by: Harmon Killebrew

65. Father, whom I murdered every night but one,
That one, when your death murdered me.
Quote by: Howard Moss, Elegy for My Father (l. 1-2)

66. Noble fathers have noble children.
Quote by: Euripides

67. Better to be driven out from among men than to be disliked of children.
Quote by: Richard Henry Dana

68. One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be.
Quote by: Unknown

69. If a son is uneducated, his dad is to blame.
Quote by: Chinese Proverb

70. When I was a kid, my father told me every day, 'You're the most wonderful boy in the world, and you can do anything you want to.'
Quote by: Jan Hutchins

71. I talk and talk and talk, and I haven't taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week.
Quote by: Mario Cuomo

72. My father died many years ago, and yet when something special happens to me, I talk to him secretly not really knowing whether he hears, but it makes me feel better to half believe it.
Quote by: Josefowitz

73. It is a wise father that knows his own child.
Quote by: William Shakespeare

74. That is the thankless position of the father in the family-the provider for all, and the enemy of all.
Quote by: J. August Strindberg

75. Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.
Quote by: Ruth E. Renkel

76. Father I cannot tell a lie. I did it with my little hatchet.
Quote by: George Washington

77. Those who trust us educate us.
Quote by: T. S. Eliot

78. When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
Quote by: Mark Twain

79. I've had a hard life, but my hardships are nothing against the hardships that my father went through in order to get me to where I started.
Quote by: Bartrand Hubbard

80. By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
Quote by: Charles Wadsworth

81. A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.
Quote by: Enid Bagnold

82. I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.
Quote by: Sigmund Freud


Funny Fathers Day Quotes

1. Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.
Quote by: Red Buttons

2. Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat. Then, fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound. Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together. Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again.
Quote by: Jimmy Piersal

3. To be a successful father, there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years.
Quote by: Ernest Hemingway

4. If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right.
Quote by: Bill Cosby

5. The thing to remember about fathers is... they're men. A girl has to keep it in mind: They are dragon-seekers, bent on improbable rescues. Scratch any father, you find someone chock-full of qualms and romantic terrors, believing change is a threat, like your first shoes with heels on, like your first bicycle...
Quote by: Phyllis McGinley

6. Sir Walter, being strangely surprised and put out of his countenance at so great a table, gives his son a damned blow over the face. His son, as rude as he was, would not strike his father, but strikes over the face the gentleman that sat next to him and said, "Box about: twill come to my father anon."
Quote by: John Aubrey

7. If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons.
Quote by: James Baldwin

8. When Charles first saw our child Mary, he said all the proper things for a new father. He looked upon the poor little red thing and blurted, "She's more beautiful than the Brooklyn Bridge."
Quote by: Helen Hayes

9. My father hated radio and he could not wait for television to be invented so that he could hate that too.
Quote by: Peter De Vries

10. Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards.
Quote by: Robert Orben


2 comments:

EngrMoks said...

Advance Happy Father's Day sa ating mga butihing mga AMA!!! Araw nila ito kaya dapat lang na ipakita natin sa kanila ang pagmamahal na itinuro nila sa atin, sa mga leksyon at aral na napulot natin sa kanya, handugan natin siya ng isang masayang pagbati...
Nice post pare...napapanahon...

Life Moto said...

Advance happy Father's Day to your father bro. Dapat natin bigyan sila ng pagpaparangal na madalas ay nakakalimutan. Kasi nga naman ay madalas nakakasama ng mga anak ay ang ina.
Fathers you deserve to be special!

Followers

Follow lifemoto on Twitter Sulit.com.ph - Buy and Sell Philippines (Advertise Online For Free) Entredropper Drop2Top: Original design by Talk2myCPA
Original design by Talk2myCPA
Personal - Top Blogs Philippines Add to Technorati Favorites Pinoy-Blogs.com Page Rank home Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory TatakExpat.com: News, info, Guides, Mga patnubay para sa mga overseas Filipinos

wibiya widget

 
Home | Motto | Blog Links | Live TV| About Us | Phil News

Copyright © 2009 Life Moto |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates