Earth summit, a major conference held in Rio De Janero from June 3-14, 1992. A thirteen years old girl addressed her speech about the environment to the United Nation Conference on Environment and development
This was a very inspiring speech by Severn Cullis-Suzuki, from Canada. She and other activist compiled a book title "Young Activist A generation that stand up for change."
After the calamities that occurred in the different part of the world. The latest is Storm Ondoy that battered Manila, Philippines. This is a wake up call. Let us spread our concern to the environment. There is no other place like home. Let us protect and safe the world for our children and children - children.
Here are some additional Typhoon Ondoy Emergency Hotlines and Relief Operations where you can send your donations and helps. This info is a repost from The UltraLife of Jomar Hilario. Please share our blessing to those who are in need.
Sahana Disaster Management System needs IT volunteers. http://sahana.kahelos.org. Emailsahana@kahelos.org.
Rubber Boat, 4×4 Trucks, Chopper Requests
1. NCRPO (+632-8383203, +632-8383354)
2. Private citizens who would like to lend their motor boats for rescue please call emergency nos: +632-9125668, +632-9111406, +632-9122665, +632-9115061)
3. You can also text (+632917-4226800 or +632927-6751981) for rescue dump trucks.
4. For those who are able to lend 4×4 trucks for rescue: Please send truck to Greenhills Shoppng Center Unimart Grocery to await deployment, Tel No. (+632920-9072902).
5. Petron & San Miguel Corporation are lending choppers for rescue operations, call/text: (+632917-8140655) ask for Lydia Ragasa
Meralco (+63917-5592824, 16211, +63920-9292824) If you want service cut off to your area to prevent fires and electrocution.
Relief Aid and Donations
Donations of heavy duty flashlights needed for rescue operations in Cainta area. Contact Cielo at (+632918-8824356)
Businesses/ Commercial Establishments
1. Aranaz Stores in Rockwell & Greenbelt is accepting donations of any kind for Payatas communities affected by Ondoy
2. Binalot at Greenbelt 1, call Tetchie Bundalian at (+632922-8573277)
3. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf will be accepting canned goods, water, clothes, blankets, towels, medicine, and emergency supplies (no cash) in all our branches on behalf of the victims of Typhoon Ondoy starting today until Friday. Your generosity wi…ll be much appreciated during this difficult time for our brothersand sisters in need.
4. Luca stores (Rockwell, Shang-rila, Eastwood, or GA towers): Send your old clothes & donations (no cash pls).
5. Manor Superclub, Eastwood City will accept goods and other emergency items starting Sunday at 10 am.
6. Ministop IBARRA (Espana cor. Blumentritt, Sampaloc Manila) is also accepting relief goods, Food (non-perishable goods only) Clothing, Medicines, Beds, Pillows, Blankets, Emergency Supplies to help Typhoon Ondoy victims.
7. Moonshine boutique in Rockwell also accepting relief good to help Ondoy victims in Marikina and Cainta.
8. Papemelroti stores in 91 Roces Ave. / Ali Mall Cubao / SM City North EDSA / SM Fairview / SM Megamall / Glorietta 3 in Makati / SM Centerpoint / SM Southmall are accepting relief goods (canned goods / milk / bottled water / clothes – NO CASH pls.)
9. PowerPlant Mall accepting donations for ABS-CBN foundation. Dropoff at admin office, P1 level.
10. R.O.X. – Recreational Outdoor eXchange is accepting donation for relief good for Typhoon Ondoy victims. You can bring it in the store located in B1 building Bonifacio High St., Tel. No. (+632-8564638/39)
11. Team Manila stores in Trinoma, Mall of Asia, Jupiter Bel-Air and Rockwell shall be accepting relief goods (Canned Goods, Ready-to-drink Milk,Bottled Water and Clothes) for distribution by Veritas.
12. Whitespace 2314 Chino Roces Ave Ext as a Makati drop-off for relief goods.
Government/ Civil Society/ Movements
1. Victory Fort is opening its doors to those affected by the typhoon. Call 813-FORT.
2. ABS-CBN through Banco de Oro account number 56300-20111 account name: ABS-CBN Foundation Incorporation
3. Akbayan’s taking donations, call 433-69-33/433-68-31 to donate or volunteer.
4. Citizens Disaster Response Center (CDRC): Relief goods for typhoon victims being accepted at 72-A Times St., West Triangle, QC. Tel (+632-9299820/22)
5. Sen. Kiko Pangilinan is accepting donations @ AGS Bldg Annex, 446 EDSA Guadalupe Viejo. Contact Vina Vargas at (+632917-8081247)
6. Luzon Relief: Donations can be brought to RENAISSANCE FITNESS CENTER, 2nd Floor, Bramante Building, Renaissance Towers Ortigas, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City starting MONDAY (Sept.28) / 9am – 7pm Contact Person: Warren Habaluyas (+632929-8713488) or email at email@example.com
7. Miriam Quiambao drop off point: One Orchard Road Building in Eastwood, or messagehttp://www.twitter.com/miriamq for more details.
8. Move for Chiz is asking for volunteers and donations at Bay Park Tent, along Roxas Blvd., beside Max Restaurant and Diamond Hotel in Manila, or at Gilas Minipark at Unang Hakbang St., Gilas Q.C.
9. NoyMar relief Operations: Clare Amador (+639285205508) or Jana Vicente at +639285205499). Drop off for relief donations is at Balay Expo Center across Farmers Market Cubao.
10. Operation Rainbow (Zac Faelnar Camara) at Ayala Alabang Village needs Canned Goods, Ready-To-Eat Food, Bottled Water, Ready-To-Drink Milk/ Juice, Clothing, Blankets, contact (+632-4687991)
11. Philippine Army Gym inside Fort Bonifacio or GHQ Gym in Camp Aguinaldo are now distributing donations for Ondoy Victims.
12. Philippine National Red Cross‘ different ways to Donate.
13. Red Cross Load Donations: Right now the easiest way to make donations from the seat of your chair is via mobile phone load. The Red Cross Rescue and Relief Operations. Text: REDAMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4483 (Smart)
14. Relief Efforts for Pasig at Valle Verde 1 Village Park, contact (+632916-4945000, +632917-5273616)
15. Sagip Kapamilya hotlines (+632-4132667, +632-4160387) #13 Examiner St. West Triangle, QC. and Scout Mayoran, cor. Morato, near Alex III.
16. Tulong Bayan hotlines for donations and volunteers are (+632908-6579998) Marilyn, (+632939-3633436) Jenn (+632-9137122, +632-9136254 & +632-9133306).
17. TXTPower now accepts donations via SmartMoney 5577514418667103, GCash 09179751092 and Paypalhttp://is.gd/3GvuN
18. World Vision partners with Phil Coast Guard and kind individuals for relief distribution to 3k families. Call (+632-3747618 local 242) or text (+632917-8623209) to help.
19. Worldvision Foundation is also accepting donations/volunteers to pack relief goods in QC. For $-donations, BPI:USDacct #4254-0050-08
Religious/ Schools & Universities
1. Assumption College San Lorenzo is now accepting donations. Please drop them off at the AC guardhouse.
2. Ateneo de Manila University is now accepting donations for the victims of Ondoy. Donations can be dropped at MVP Lobby. For those stranded/those who need help: To all students who need help or know of people who need help. Please text the name, location, and contact number to (+6329088877166). ATENEO, which is now an open shelter, accepts refugees. Call (+632917-8952792)
3. Caritas Manila Office at Jesus St., Pandacan Manila near Nagtahan Bridge (+632-5639298, +632-5639308)
4. CFC Center Ortigas is now open for donations in cash or kind. Call (+632-7270682 to 87) or text (+632922-2542819)
5. Hillsborough Village Chapel – Water, blankets, shoes, and clothes may be sent to Hillsborough Village Chapel in Muntinlupa City. These will go to families whose houses were washed out in the nearby sitios.
6. La Salle Greenhills for Greenhills/Mandaluyong/San Juan Area, if you want to help out with the rescue and relief operations, you can drop off your donations (clothes, food, etc..) at LSGH Gate 2 or volunteer from 9am to receive, sort, repack the donations.
7. Our Lady of Pentecost Parish (+632-4342397, +632-9290665) per Gabe Mercado, donations are very much welcome. The Parish is located at 12 F. Dela Rosa corner C. Salvador Sts., Loyola Heights, Quezon City.
8. Playschool International in Better Living is open to receive relief goods. Feel free to drop it there for your convenience. No Cash Pls.
9. Radio Veritas at Veritas Tower West Ave. Cor EDSA (+632-9257931-40)
10. Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan Task Force Noah, a disaster response arm of the Jesuits, is accepting donations. Please drop it off sa Ateneo Cervini Dorm.
11. Katipunan Avenue. Contact Erica Paredes at (+632917-4741930) — they need bread, packed juice, sandwich filling (tuna, chicken, anything) You can help her make them, deliver the sandwiches to her house, or help her distribute! Call for more details.
12. Xavier School in San Juan is now accepting donations, please bring to Multipurpose Center (MPC).
1. MAKATI: 5729 Calasanz St., Olympia Makati City or call for pick up at (+632-5017405 or +632-7290530) c/o Omel Santos
2. SOUTH: Accepting relief goods in SOUTH AREA. Please contact Anne at (+632915-2854240)
People Tracker (using your phones, get your friends and family to turn on their finderservice for you)
1. FINDERSERVICE. For Smart, text “wis ” to 386.
2. FINDERSERVICE. For Globe, text “find to 7000.
*MRT and LRT are open 24 hours today. (Edit: 09/27 MRT today is at Php 10)
PEBA and KABLOGS are joining volunteers and organizations in the relief efforts for those affected by ONDOY especially the urban poor relocatees in Kasiglahan Village Montalban, Rizal.
For more info on donations and how you can help especially the relocatees in the Kasiglahan Village without clothes, food or water, 300 families, nearly 3000 Filipinos.
call the following:
Pete at (632) 920-2595 local 107
Beth at (632) 922-0246 / 927 -0794
or email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
A list of advisories government offices in connection with the aftermath of tropical storm Ondoy (international code name Ketsana). Important phone numbers and links.
For your help and donation please check this site: Ondoy Places to Donate
Police Central Hotline 171
National Disaster Coordinating Council (NDCC)
09153767070 and 09278400133
Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA)
GMA Kapuso Hotline
981- 1950 to 59
413-2667 / 416-0387
Taguig emergency hotline
Bureau of Fire Protection, National Capital Region
Bureau of Fire Protection, Region III (Central Luzon)
Hotline (045) 9634376 Links
Manuel L. Quezon's blog: How to help (original on Quezon.ph | Tumblr.com mirror link)
Google Docs: Rescue InfoHub Central |
Google Maps: Ondoy situation map for Metro Manila, by KaninLamig (open for contributions on locations of
(Source ABS-CBN & GMATV)
Thank you to youtube member that shared the videos
President Gloria Macapagal bring home with her 120 ditressed OFW from Jeddah. They have been camping under the Kandara bridge in Jeddah for months. Finally the waiting is almost over.
Jeddah is the backdoor exit in K.S.A. If any expatriate want to go back to their country. To encourage the overstayers the Immigration and Passport Department accept those who wish to be deported by waiving travel documents, pay fines and have their own tickets. Jeddah officials allowed this favor if they are in group.
Before I was wondering why the distressed OFW were able to camped under the Kandara bridge. Now that is clear in my mind, regarding the deportation policy in Jeddah.
Most of the stranded OFW are runaways or overstayers. They were either been abused by their employers or not payed their salaries. They rallied in front of the Philippines Consulate to ask for relief and assistant to go home. Out of 120 OFW, only 7 have their passport. Usually the employers hold the passport. So when they flee, they have only resident id or non at all. Most of them were came from Al-Khobar and Riyadh.
Yes she did it again. I hope that many more will be homed soon.
Source: Arab News & GMA NEWS
"Ded na si Lolo" is the Philippines entry for the 82nd Academy Award next year. This movie will vie for the Oscar in the Best foreign language category. The story is about a child observes the different ritual or superstition that his family did during the wake of his grandfather.
The cast of the movie are Elizabeth Oropesa, Gina Alajar, Rodarick Paulate, Manilyn Reynes, Dick Israel and BJ Flores. A film by Soxie Topaciao.
The other short list films that considerd for the best foreign languagefilm category were:
1. Pitik Bulag - ALV Entertainment
2. The Last Viewing - Davis Entertainment
3. Kamoteng Kahoy - APT Entertainment
4. Concero - Solito Arts Production and Seiko Film
5. Baler - Viva Films
6. Jay - Pasion para Pelikula Productions
7. Bente - APT Entertainment
8. 100 - Martinez-Rivera Films
The FAP (Film Academy of the Philippines) members is the following:
1. Eddie Romero
2. Robert Arevalo
3. Jose Careon
4. Johny Delgado
5. Wlliam Mayo
6. Manny Morfe
7. Jess Navarro
8. Elwood Perez
"Ploning" was the country 2009 entry for the Academy Award.
Let us hope the "Ded na si Lolo" will bring home the bacon. I wish the film, cast and whole production staffs the best. Our movie films are truly world class. Good luck!
There are two Muslim holidays that celebrate according to the Islamic Faith. Eid Ul Fitr comes after the Ramadan and Eid Al Adha is after the the complition of Hajj,or pilgrim to Makka.
Unlike the other holidays such as Christmas, exchange gift is not in their practice. On this day Muslim show their real joy for the health, strength, and the opportunities of life. There are some general practices that the Muslim do:
Wake up early
They prepare for the personal hygiene
Wear their best cloths, weather it new or old
Eat their breakfast on Eid Ul Fitr before leaving for prayer ground
Give charity to the poor or Zakaat Al Fitr
Offer Salaat al Eid in congregation
Use two separate routeto and from the prayer ground
Recite the Takbir on the way to Salaat and until the beginning of Salaat al Eid.
I am not a Muslim but I want to share this Special Holiday with our Muslim brothers and sisters. I personally admire their disciplines during this Ramadan, their fasting and prayers. May the Love, peace and joy be with you all!
Floyd Mayweather vs Juan Marquez is schedule to fight in less than 24 hours. September 19, 9 PM et / 6 PM pt The Fight is call Number 1. They are fighting for the Welterweight Contest. It will take place in MGM Grand in Las Vegas. If you want to watch the live streaming fight.
Floyd Mayweather Jr. Won the match after 12 rounds in unanimous decision!
Type rest of the post here
by Swami Vivekananda
sitting at the edge of a swimming pool, she filled the palm of her hand with
some water and held it before me, and said this:
"You see this water carefully contained on my hand? It symbolizes Love."
This was how I saw it: As long as you keep your hand caringly open and allow
it to remain there, it will always be there. However, if you attempt to
close your fingers round it and try to posses it, it will spill through the
first cracks it finds.
This is the greatest mistake that people do when they meet love...they try
to posses it, they demand, they expect... and just like the water spilling
out of your hand, love will retrieve from you .
For love is meant to be free, you cannot change its nature. If there are
people you love, allow them to be free beings.
Give and don't expect.
Advise, but don't order.
Ask, but never demand.
It might sound simple, but it is a lesson that may take a lifetime to truly
practice. It is the secret to true love. To truly practice it, you must
sincerely feel no expectations from those who you love, and yet an
Passing thought... Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take;
but by the moments that take our breath away.....
Life is beautiful!!! Live it !!!
The Guinness World of Records crowned Sultan Kosen as the new tallest man in the world. Sultan Kosen is from the town of Mardin Eastern Turkey. He is 27 years old and have a height of 8 feet and 1 inch (2.47 meter).
Leonid Standnyk, Ukranian, previously a record holder with a height of 8 feet and 5.5 inches refuse to confirm his height. So his title was stripped off by the Guinness World of Records. Leonid, 39, tired of being expose to the public.
While Kosen enjoying his new title as The 2010 Tallest Man in the World, he looking forward to his love life. He never had a girlfriend because they afraid of his height. Now that Kosen is famous he hope that he can meet someone to love and marry her.
"I can't fit into a normal car," he said. "I can't go shopping like normal people, I have to have things made specially and sometimes they aren't always as fashionable. The other thing is that ceilings are low and I have to bend down through doorways." Kosen said.
Sultan Kosen first U.K. trip was organized by Guinness.
Source : yahoo news & Guinness World Recods
Charlie Bit Me is one of the most popular funny videos on youtube. It was posted way back 2007. Today Charlie bit me video have 120,210,989 views and a total of 229,351 text responses. What make me laugh is the boy cute British accent.
The mother said in youtube. "Even had I thought of trying to get my boys to do this I probably couldn't have, neither were coerced into any of this and neither were hurt (for very long anyway). This was just one of those moments where I had the video camera out because the boys were being fun, and they provided something really very funny."
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Veronica_Scott]Veronica Scott
'Where there is a will, there is a way. Belief in oneself and one's abilities can move mountains and change the shape of the world we live in. And it all starts with a single idea. Single-handedly, Marion Lucille Herndon McQuade created a landmark in the history of service and efforts for the elderly.
In 1956, Mrs. McQuade helped Jim Comstock, editor of the West Virginia Hillbilly and the Richwood News Leader, in organizing a Past 80 Party. Sympathetic towards the octogenarians who were pampered around Christmas with family visits and gifts, they spent the other 364 days of the year in quiet and nostalgic reminiscence of memories. They were isolated from the love and visits of families, and Mrs. McQuade realized that the family tree was disintegrating all across the states.
To organize the Past 80 Party entailed reaching out to several nursing homes. Mrs. McQuade was heartbroken when she discovered the sadness and chronic isolation experienced by a large number of the elderly. She devoted most of her time for the next five years lobbying. Her drive and ambition paid off. On May 27, 1973, a special Grandparent's Day was proclaimed in the state of West Virginia by Governor Arch Moore.
But that was only the beginning. Buoyed by success at the state level, Mrs. McQuade worked tirelessly through U.S. Senators Robert Byrd and Jennings Randolph to create a national observance at the national level. Her efforts and dreams were realized in September 1978, when the White House called to inform her that President Jimmy Carter had signed Public Law 96-62, and it had been given unanimous Congressional approval ... the Sunday after Labour Day was designated as National Grandparent's Day. The first nationwide observance occurred in 1979, and it continues to grow in popularity. The month of September was aptly chosen for the holiday to signify the "autumn years" of life for the elderly generation.
Today millions throughout the United States observe this event, begun by only a few.
Mrs. McQuade has made it her goal to educate the youth community on the important contributions made by the senior citizens, as well as requesting contributions that they are willing to make if asked. She has also urged the younger generation to adopt a grandparent for a lifetime of experience and caring. You realize that the true meaning of family bonding and experience cannot be bought in any bookstore or imparted in any corporate training.
The statute's preamble cites the day's purpose as: "... to honour grandparents, to give grandparents an opportunity to show love for their children's children, and to help children become aware of the strength, information, and guidance older people can offer."
The official song of National Grandparents Day is "A Song for Grandma And Grandpa" by Johnny Prill. The official flower is wonderful--the forget-me-not.
The main purpose of celebrating Grandparent's day is: to honour grandparents, to give them an opportunity to show their love for their children's children, and to help children become aware of the quality of information and guidance older people can offer in their lives.
Isolation from near and dear ones is a growing social phenomenon. People try to assuage their loneliness in material pleasures and trying to maximize the output of 24 hours a day. In every neighbourhood, there are elderly who would love an opportunity to be a Foster Grandparent. Take a look around the next time you go out for a walk.
Most important, Grandparent's Day can signify a loving spirit that lives within us throughout the year--a spirit of love and respect for our elders.
Find helpful and creative ideas for parents and grandparents while you shop our great selection of kids furniture (including our popular [http://www.themagicalrockinghorse.com/toddler-beds.html]beds for toddlers) and classic toys. Visit http://www.TheMagicalRockingHorse.com today!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Veronica_Scott http://EzineArticles.com/?When-Grandparents-Day-Began&id=1762122
Life and death is in the power of a tongue.
Prayer for A Friend - Maricris Ugay
“And their prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results.”
James 5:15-16 (NLT)
Dear friends and visitors let us join together to pray for the complete healing of Maricris Ugay. She is suffering from cancer. I don't know her personally. But at this moment the best weapon we can offer to her is our prayers. Let us help Maricris for her request. For more details of Maricris conditions and those who wish to assist her financially please check out with Palipasan site.
May the Lord our God comfort her and her family in this time of sickness and financial needs. May He strengthen her faith and earthly body.
By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Robert_Benjamin]Robert Benjamin
The Chupacabra or Goat Sucker as it's often called because of the large number of goats it killed, has been sighted by thousands of witnesses, in South America - Puerto Rico - Mexico - and the USA, from 1990 To Present. This creature has been reported as looking like a cross between one of the small aliens called the 'greys' and a porcupine. It has large red eyes that glow like fire or lights, gray skin, a long snake-like tongue, fangs, and long spinal quills or feathers that may act as wings. It is between 4 and 5 feet tall, hops like a kangaroo, but can also fly, and It stands upright on 3 toed feet.
People who have encountered the Chupacabra up close have reported a very strong and foul smell like that of sulphur or rotted eggs. It often squeals and grunts like a wild pig or boar. It also makes loud hissing sounds, and can make a strange sound like laughing and crying at the same time. This creature has killed hundreds of animals since it's first sighting, including cats, dogs, pigs, goats, chickens and more.
The creature broke in through a window in a house in Caguas - Puerto Rico, and tore apart a childs stuffed teddy bear, it left, leaving a puddle of some slimy substance on the floor, and a piece of rotten meat on the window ledge. In one encounter the creature turned different shades of color as a terrified witness looked at it, then the creature made a strange hissing sound, as it started hissing, the witness started feeling disoriented and weak, then the creature departed rapidly.
A police officer who encountered the creature also heard a hissing sound, and became so weak and disoriented he had to stop his pursuit of the creature, and stumble back to the patrol car. In an encounter that occurred in Arizona, the creature entered a house through an open door, then mumbled and gestured to the home owner, before fleeing. A couple hours later the man heard his son screaming, as he entered his son's bedroom, the creature was standing on his son's chest. The creature exited the bedroom through an open door and flew out a window. Some witnesses have reported that the creature can actually fly without wings, and with no visible means of guidance or propulsion, and it can vanish or materialize instantly.
In the encounter where the creature left a slimy substance on the floor, this sounds a lot like ectoplasm, a gooey slime often reported in ghost encounters. And, in the report where the creature was discovered on the boys chest, this is the classic succubus and incubus attack position. The succubus is a demon that takes on the form of either a beautiful female or a hideous female looking creature called the 'night hag', and the incubus is a male form. The reports that the creature can vanish or materialize instantly clearly point to a supernatural or spiritual being, and the ability to fly, not soar, or glide, with no flapping motion, and lack of wings goes against the laws of physics and aerodynamics, which also points to something supernatural.
There is a website that describes this and numerous other creatures of Cryptozoology in detail. The website is called: Unknown Creatures, and may be found at this address: http://www.unknown-creatures.com
By Robert W. Benjamin
Copyright © 2006
You may publish this article in your ezine, newsletter or on your web site as long as it is reprinted in its entirety and without modification except for formatting needs or grammar corrections.
Robert W. Benjamin has been in the software business on the internet for over 5 years, and has been producing low-cost software for the past 25+ years. He first released software on the AMIGA and C64 computer systems in the late 1970's-80's.
RB59 Software http://www.rb59.com/software
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Robert_Benjamin http://EzineArticles.com/?Cryptozoology-And-The-Chupacabra&id=191793
- Samantha Norman -
- Sent by Ali Nitka -
(That ones for my Girl Nikki....I luv ya!)
-lucian de crescenzo
Sent in by Jodi
Sent in by Pollak
-Jarule...Put it on me
Sent by josh
Sent in by Hillary
Sent in by-Chandru Sockalingam-
The ESPN sports reporter, Erin Andrews, never got so much coverage for her game coverage until the news broke that there was a video of Erin Andrews naked, taken through a peephole, floating around the web.
Beware before you go searching for the Erin Andrew Peephole Video:
Careful where you stick your cursor, you get end up with a dirty virus.
The video, which has been removed from YouTube, appears to have been taken with some sort of spy cam through a hotel room peephole. It has been speculated that the video was either taken in Alabama or Portland.. The video is reported to have first been published on Dailymotion.com by a username Goblazers1. Lawyers for Erin Andrews threatened to prosecute any one linking to or showing the video, which of course sent internet searches for the video through the web roof.
The video, which was taken without Andrew's consent, is such an obvious invasion of privacy that even TMZ declared no intention of purchasing or publishing it. Reportedly the video was both grainy and mundane, showing Andrews doing her hair and talking on the phone. There's nothing there worth a computer virus and that is just what many curious web searchers have gotten for their trouble.
Internet scammers pay attention to hot Google trends to set up web sites that may appear to be legit but will leave you with a computer virus.
"Hackers are no slacks when it comes to taking advantage of a hot internet search trend, and they have been quick to set up bogus WebPages claiming to contain the video footage of Ms Andrews in her hotel room," said Graham Cluley of Sophos.
How do these malware scams work?
First scammers bait browsers with hot button key words like Erin Andrews. Some bogus web sites were even spelled Aaron Andrews, possibly to catch those hearing the news and not knowing how to spell Erin. Pages may even appear to look like a page from a legit site like CNN.
Then it may say something like LIVE VIDEO PLAYER BLOCKED, allowing online lookers to believe the video was blocked by their pop up blocker.
Here's where the scammers get the curious and disappointed. "To view your video, please launch the LIVE VIDEO PLAYER below," and with one click you've just downloaded malicious malware.
Apple Users Aren't Immune
Both Apple and Microsoft users have been infected by these viruses, so beware where you click. Yes, there are many less Mac infections compared to Windows but that doesn't mean that owners of the new Mac Notebooks should feel immune.
There have been cases of Mac malware that in which viewers are promised pornographic photos if they install an ActiveX component. In fact, the viewers are rewarded with a Trojan horse and have turned over control of their computer to hacker.
Some say there is no bad press. Erin Andrews might disagree. But the naked peephole video has given some helpful press for web users. Trying to get "naked" on the web just isn't a safe practice.
Jonathan Kraft is a recognized expert in helping people to understand [http://blog.identitytheftsecrets.com]Identity Theft prevention and protection. Learn more about the secrets used by identity thieves at the [http://blog.identitytheftsecrets.com]Identity Theft Secrets blog.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jonathan_Kraft http://EzineArticles.com/?Erin-Andrew-Peephole-Video-Links-Spread-Malware&id=2677855
Friday morning while browsing imeem music, I come across with the song Lipad ng Pangarap by Garry Valenciano. I look up in youtube but found Dessa version. Tear almost fell down from my eyes. Many reasons why! Because: longing for my family, the pain of far from my love ones, the years that I loose with them and more. I thank the composer for giving life to the hardship & perseverance of millions OFW around the globe. I would like to share this song to my fellows OFW, EXPAT & our family. Where ever you are this song is for us!
Lipad ng Pangarap - Lyrics
Taglay mo sa bagwis ng iyong paghayo
ang pangako ng walang hanggang bukas
pabaon man sayo'y hapdi ng puso
aabutin ang pangarap
At ang bunga ng wagas mong pagsisikap
pag-unlad nitong bayang nililiyag
kapalit ng dalamhati't paghihirap
pag angat ng kabuhayang marilag..
Liparin mo ang hangganan ng langit
sa ulap ng pag-asa'y iyong makakamit
ang tagumpay na bunga ng iyong pagpupunyagi
pangarap ng inang bayang tinatangi
tutularan ka ng sunod na salin-lahi
kapuri-puring pag-aalay ng lakas
napupugay sa makabagong bayani
ang buong bansa'y nagpapasalamat
Repeat Chorus 1:
Ingatan mo ang lipad ng pangarap
umaasa sa iyo ang bayan mong naghihintay
na kamtin mo sa dulo ng lahat ng iyong pagpapagal
ang tamis na dulot ng iyong... tagumpay...
ang tamis na dulot ng iyong... tagumpay...
Thank for the video by TheRtistRoom ,youtube
"Clean, honest, selfless public service." This are the words that Senator Mar Roxas said during the press conference this morning. Senator Mar Roxas made a greatest decision of life. Being a president of the Liberal Party, where Nonoy is also belonged, he humbled himself by giving way to Senator Noynoy Aquino III in the presidential election.
I am not in politics issues, but the bottom line is that the virtue of humility is what we need in a leader. Few months ago Senator Mar was starting his media campaign. He is looking forward for a presidential race. Even the marriage proposal with Korina which I thought was propaganda. Well my winding thought was subdue when Sen. Mar decision to support Noynoy Aquino. I hope that Senator Noynoy Aquino will not jeopardize the Legacy of Ninoy & Tita Cory.
If they succeed in the presidential election I hope that Senators Nonoy and Roxas will change the course of our history. And I pray that they will make our country a better place.
Video by: TheSepulturera, youtube